Monday, January 21, 2008

NetBeans IDE for C/C++ development over Linux

The NetBeans IDE is a free, open-source Integrated Development Environment for software developers. You get all the tools you need to create professional desktop, enterprise, web and mobile applications, in Java, C/C++ and even Ruby. The IDE runs on many platforms including Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Solaris; it is easy to install and use straight out of the box.

For C/C++ support click this


To me until the Hello World! application is it totally suitable (Cute GUI, BreakPointing, Good Watcher) and the rest is coming.

2 comments:

AlaaShaker said...

I haven't tried developing a huge application in C++ with Netbeans, but I had a really unfortunate experience programming in Java in both Netbeans and Eclipse with the MEMORY ..
Try a large project on Netbeans for about 2-3 hrs of work n tell me how does the memory grow! I'd be glad if that's reasonable .. let me know how it goes ..

Mahmoud said...

Ok man let the days [un]prove what you said and I will tell you when I get conclusion

But now I'm in the state of C++ coding, I just installed it for the familiarity of coding over Linux

Now I'm writing OTcl "One the hell languages"